Monday, January 31, 2011

     One of my favorite quotes from Mother Teresa reads, "May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls in." For as long as I can remember my heart has been steadily filling with the sorrows of those around me and the injustices that I see and feel helpless to address. This blog is my wailing wall, a way for me to unburden myself of some of the heavy issues that have been weighing me down recently. It is mostly to help me cope, but if while hashing through the struggles warring in my brain I am able to aid someone else in dealing with their internal battles, all the better.
     I have entitled this blog, "Radically Loved," based on a quote from Brennan Manning: "My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it." These are the two words that I choose to define myself with. What defines you?

2 comments:

  1. In answer to your question -- I recently posed the question to myself, "What would I want my tombstone to say?" The answer: "She cared."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this, Caitlin ! I feel a constant & overwhelming fear & worry that has made me stiffen up my arms and shoulder so much I can't relax them. I am either awestruck by the world's beauty & miracles or devastated by it's cruelty. I often feel helpless and desperate to know why & what I can do to make even a small change. If I did not have a constant relationship with Jesus Christ and know without a shadow of a doubt that He is orchestrating my life ...well, my life would be meaningless. I thank God for the blessing of you in my life !~Aunt Suzie

    ReplyDelete